Quality Medical CareCosta Rica has invested heavily in healthcare over the past two decades, resulting in a large number of highly educated and experienced qualified physicians covering the complete spectrum of medical specialities and three JCI accredited hospitals. Costa Rica also ranks 36th on the World Health Organizations healthcare quality indices, ahead of the United States.
Affordable PricesAdvancements in modern medicine are evolving rapidly and offer the promise of dramatically extending and improving the quality of our lives. Unfortunately the rising costs of medical care makes many life enhancing procedures prohibitively expensive. Costa Rica is helping address this need, offering medical services costing 50% to 70% less than the same procedure in North American hospital and putting life changing medical within the reach of more people.
LocationCosta Rica has many advantages over other medical tourism destinations when it comes to fast and easy travel. No medical traveler looks forward to long trans-oceanic flights, onerous customs and immigration policies and long lines. The combination of readily available direct flights from major American travel hubs, simple customs and immigration policies means the majority of medical tourists can arrive at their destination within a few hours of travel without changing time zones and no customs and immigration hassles.
Spectacular Travel DestinationAnd when it comes to the vacation part of your trip, Costa Rica stands well above the rest. Whether you're enjoying time with your family before the procedure or enjoying a relaxing recovery in one of our exotic locations, Costa Rica has everything you are looking for in a world class tourist destination. There's a good reason why the New York Times ranks Costa Rica as a top tourist destination for 2012 and why Costa Rica ranks #1 on the New Economic Forums Happy Planet Index. A temperate climate, beautiful flora and fauna, rich biodiversity, incredibly geography and a pristine coastline on the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans offer something amazing for everyone.
Top 10 Reasons To Choose Costa Rica for Medical Tourism
2. Costa Rica is widely recognized as having one of the best healthcare systems in Latin America, with more than 30 hospitals and 250 medical and dental clinics.
3. Internationally renowned and JCI Accredited Hospitals.
4. A highly educated and well trained healthcare labour force that speaks both English and Spanish.
5. World-class medical services at prices 50% to 70% less than the equivalent procedure cost in the United States.
7. Long standing stable democratic government and among the highest in the Human Development Index (HDI) in Latin America. Costa Rica does not have an army.
8. Unrivalled Ecotourism Destination with 5% of the world's biodiversity, and the highest percentage of protected areas of any country in the world. It is a bird watchers paradise.
9. Year round tropical climate with an average temperature of 72 degrees, with easily accessible beach, mountain and jungle habitat.
10. Easy access from North America with two International Airports, direct flights to many major U.S. and Canadian cities. Costa Rica operates on US Central Standard Time.